Saturday, March 9, 2013

More Torment!

I am starting to love Kickstarter.  A few months ago the makers of one of my favorite computer games from childhood, Wasteland, put up a campaign on Kickstarter to raise money for a sequel.  The results kinda' blew people away as the game raised almost $3 million.  I played the original from dawn to dusk on my Commodore 64 at the lake during the summer of 1988 and am looking forward to Wasteland 2.

The same people raised the bar earlier this week, starting another campaign to make a "spiritual successor" to one of my top 5 all-time favorites, Planescape: Torment.  The original had maybe the deepest story anyone has ever seen in a computer game, reportedly with more dialogue written into the game than the Bible has words.  They raised over $1.5 million in their first day.  I know some of you have fond memories of the original or would be interested in something like this, so here's the link to Torment: Tides of Numenera if you are, and the project's intro video:


No comments:

Post a Comment