Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Mad Men Theory

A new preview of the upcoming sixth season of Mad Men is here.

So, my long-standing theory Mad Men is that the show's intro, with the guy falling down the side of a building, is one of the most blatant bits of foreshadowing in TV history.  The show's going to end with Don Draper committing suicide by jumping out of a building.  It's been right under our noses the whole time.

How sure am I?  Not at all, but it's one of those theories that kinda' feels like it might be right.  Guess we'll see in...what, at the end of season 7?  Have they announced that?

1 comment:

  1. I actually used to share this theory. It seemed too perfect.

    But then Matthew Weiner said this in 2011: "I do know how the whole show ends... What I'm looking for, and how I hope to end the show, is like ... It's 2011. Don Draper would be 84 right now. I want to leave the show in a place where you have an idea of what it meant and how it's related to you.""

    ReplyDelete